Java Developers required to develop and maintain Java-based web applications and systems using an MVC framework based traditionally on Struts2 but more recently employing Java Enterprise technologies.
- Work as part of a small team with the responsibility of developing and maintaining Java-based web applications and systems.
- Analyse user requirements and help define development objectives.
- Document all work undertaken.
- Take part in regular design meetings.
- Provide prototypes to demonstrate technical feasibility and operability.
- Provide test cases
- Keep abreast of latest Java technologies.
- Subversion/CVS (sourcecode versioning system)
- Relational Databases (such as MySQL, SQL Server)
- Experience building web applications using J2SE
- Java profiling
- Knowledge of web Application Server technology such as Tomcat or Glassfish
- Knowledge of Netbeans IDE
- JUnit testing
- Awareness of best practice in website construction including web standards, accessibility, usability and testing, including experience of working to filename conventions and other production guidelines
- Java web services (JAX-WS)
If you are interested and would like to know more detail then please apply below and one of the team will call you to discuss.Apply for this job