Our client is looking to appoint an experience Senior Java Consultant SME within their Customer Platform engineering. You will shape and execute transformation in software engineering and technical delivery practices, driving the department toward an approach that is capable of taking one of the bank’s core IT assets into the future.
We will expect you to be comfortable in the early stages of the lifecycle, lead by example, provide guidance and mentoring, and make a hands-on contribution to all areas of the platform engineering. You will be responsible for defining activities relating to the introduction of Java best practices, the definition and use of tools, and driving new behaviours into the team to leverage your approach. We will expect you to demonstrate and apply exemplary software engineering skills and practices.
1. Considerable Java v6 experience & Related Spin offs (Spring & Hibernate)
2. Good knowledge of best practice around SCM, build & deployment and release & version management
3. Object Oriented Design
4. Distributed Software Modelling \ Web Services
5. Design Patterns \ Methodology
6. Communication \ Oral and Written skills
7. Presentation \ Influencing
8. Experience working with outsourced/offshore development suppliers
1. Experience of WebSphere & related products
2. Experience in banking/finance
3. A good understanding of event-driven/queue-based architectures
1. Application and demonstration of current best-practice software engineering skills and practices relating to Java.
2. Promote industry standard and emerging tool sets and approaches into the delivery projects and programmes. Review and challenge established standards when appropriate.
3. Provide guidance into early programme phases to ensure best use of Java Capabilities, driving our ambiguity and leading proof of concept activities where necessary.
4. Define and agree software and systems architecture conforming to Customer Platform and bank standards.
5. Contribute to the Technical Design Authority, the group responsible for technical leadership and transformation relating to the engineering transformation within the Customer Platform.
6. Transfer exemplary Java technical skills to existing SME community and Offshore suppliers.
7. Foster and drive a culture of innovation within the Customer Platform.
8. Establish, maintain and leverage effective working relationships with all areas of IT and business stakeholders to improve the overall delivery
This role is a hands off (no coding) driving Java development best practices through local and offshore teams and may suit an individual who is looking to start the path of Architect.
If you have the above Java best Practice skills, offshore stakeholder engagement experience and looking to move into Architecture then this may be the idea role for you!Apply for this job